Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Trevor's CF Clinic VISIT on 3/14/11

Trevor had another outstanding appointment on March 14th. He again broke his PFT all time record. Had normal flora on his blood work. Had a great chest x-ray and gained 2 pounds and grew in height as well!
I think the staff in the Cystic Fibrosis Clinic don't know what to think of Trevor or even what course of treatment to take with Trevor. He is definitely not a normal CF'r. I struggle with the fact that they want him to take so much medicine when he is not even sick.... Yes, I know all about the so called "PREVENTATIVE",  but is that in the best interest of Trevor. I am not sure. Canada doesn't provide this preventative care. Is it just that doctors and insurance companies want more money??? I don't know, but I am just going to continue doing what I feel is best for Trevor....after all....everyone who has CF is an individual with individual symptoms and need to be treated as such.  I am so happy for his good appointment and we have decided not to add pulmozyme at this point. Praying the drugs in trials will be the answer to all of our prayers....a CURE AT LAST!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment