Monday, February 27, 2012

Surgery date~



So I went back to KU today to visit my plastic surgeon, Dr. Ponnuru. I really like him... such a nice guy! We have a surgery date scheduled for my permanent implants. The date is April 11th. I can't wait! I have 460 cc's of saline right now in each breast. I am trying to decide whether to get slicone or saline implants.  I will have to do some more research to make my decision. Needless to say, these expanders are not natural feeling at all. In fact they could and should be compared to two grapefruits except for the fact that a grapefruit is much softer. LOL I have been told that the permanent implants are wonderful and that the exchange from the expanders to the permanent implants is nothing short of miraculous!  I have also found out that I will not have any drains this time! So happy about that! The surgery should only take about 1 1/2 hours and I get to come home that day! Looking back now, this whole thing has not been that bad! I think when I was diagnosed with cancer last October....I was just so fearful that something bad would happen and I wouldn't be here to raise my kids, but I overcame that, and beat it.  It is crazy! When you hear the word CANCER, it immediately raises ones blood pressure and it is scary as hell but, nothing was as painful as I imagined it would be and nothing was as scary as I thought it would be, so all in all...I am very happy and blessed at this point! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment