Monday, June 11, 2012

Mammogram after a mastectomy???

Well, tomorrow will be my first check up with my breast surgeon since December 9th, when I had my bilateral mastectomy. I had clear margins when the surgery was completed which means the cancer was contained....it had not spread anywhere else. I received a call today from Dr. McGinneses' office and her nurse told me that because my margins were too close after the surgery according to the pathology report, that now I have to have a diagnostic mammogram on the right breast. I know all you women out there know how uncomfortable a mammogram is on regular breast tissue, but I have two 500cc silicone implants...with no breast tissue. I don't see how they plan to squeeze and smash the right breast with the implant, but I guess I will find out tomorrow. I just want good news and I will be happy no matter what if I get good news! I also have to go back to the plastic surgeon tomorrow. I have just a couple of cosmetic things to get completed and I need to get it scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment