Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Thankful and relieved~

I guess you really can have a mammogram after a mastectomy and with silicone implants. LOL I went to the KU Cancer Center yesterday and they did a 3D mammagram (new technology) on my right breast....the one that had the 3 spots of cancer last year. I was quite nervous for the obvious reason.....that there could have been cancer cells left behind at the time of the surgery. That they didn't get everything and I would be back at square one, but that didn't happen. They said the mammogram looked good and had no suspicious masses or irregularities. I was also concered that the mammogram would compromise my implant, but surprisingly enough, they did not put the implant under as much pressure as they do regular breast tissue. So, all in all it was much easier than I thought it would be. My breast surgeon, Dr. McGinness, examined me and said I didn't have to come back for 6 months! I have to have another 3D mammogram in 1 year. I also visited with my plastic surgeon, Dr. Ponnuru. He said I did not have to come back for a year to have the implants monitored! I still have to make an appointment for a cosmetic issue, but that is it! I am so very happy at this point and very relieved that 6 months out from my mastectomy....that all looks good! NO CANCER!!! Way to go GAIL FRAZIER! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment