Tuesday, September 28, 2010

CF SCARES ME TO DEATH!

I consider ourselves lucky. We have 3 handsome and smart sons! As any mother, I worry about them. I worry about there education, their decision making, if they are happy or sad, their health.....Cystic Fibrosis of course, adds more than just the normal worry. If you are a parent of a child with CF...you understand exactly what I am talking about. Since our middle son Trevor has CF....I find myself worrying a lot.  Trevor has had two major surgeries already and he is only 9 years old. I am 45 and never have had any major surgery. Trevor's lungs so far have been good, but it is scary to think of thick and sticky mucus trying its best to cause him life threatening lung infections.
He came over to me last night and said he was tired and wanted to go to bed. He asked if I would come tuck him in....which I do every night. It was 30 minutes prior to his bed time. It scares me....I don't know if it should, but it does. That he is tired more often than my other 2 sons. It worries me. I don't want CF to steal his normal life. I don't want CF to take over. I want him to have all the energy in the world that a 9 year old little boy should have. I don't let him see my fear. I just give him a big hug and kiss and tell him how proud I am to be his mom and that he is going to grow up to be someone very special someday...because he is already so special to his mom.
I have read stories on Facebook.......such sad, sad stories. My heart aches not only for those families, but the fear of something similar happening to my child. I try to shut the feelings out and do everything I can to keep our lives upbeat and everything I can do to keep Trevor healthy. I work to raise money for research and pray for a CURE!
No parent should have to go through this. No child should have to suffer from CYSTIC FIBROSIS.

Please help us find a cure by logging on to http://www.cff.org/

2 comments:

  1. It was like you were telling my story. I have those exact feelings and thoughts about Shaylee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it scares me to death, too! Like you said, we turn our backs on the fear, keep a positive outlook and do everything in our power to help find that cure!

    ReplyDelete