Monday, September 19, 2011

Waiting not so patiently.....

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not the most patient person. Oh I have my moments. I always seem to have patience with my kiddos, but now I am sitting hear waiting for an appointment day and time to consult a cancer doctor about a breast biopsy. I have read so much information on the internet about the microcalcifications that the original mammagram showed last week as well as the diagnostic mammagram. I found out that more than half of the breast cancer cases are diagnosed with microcalcifications and having them only in one breast increases your chances of it being cancerous. It is definately hard to wait to know one way or another. Still very optimistic as most biopsies come back benign. It is the not knowing that is getting to me. The nurse from my doctor's office said that the KU cancer docs want to look at the results and decide how urgent my case is. So if I judge the waiting by that....maybe my case is not so urgent and hopefully everything will turn out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment