Thursday, October 20, 2011

MRI Results..... GOOD NEWS AND SOME BAD BUT THANK GOD FOR THE GOOD NEWS~

I received a call from the nurse at my surgeon's office last night about 7pm.  She told me what the MRI showed. SO......the GOOD NEWS IS..... according to the images.....this cancer has NOT spread to my lymph nodes. THANK YOU GOD! Now....the bad news is.....I have to have 2 more biopsies that are scheduled for November 1st. The first biopsy (stereotactic, like the first biopsy) will look at the other spot of microcalcifications ( there is a good chance this is cancer) that they found on the previous images which also showed up on the MRI located on the right side of my right breast. The original biopsy which was cancerous in all 11 sections was on the left side of my right breast.  The second biopsy (MRI guided) will look at a spot the MRI found on my left breast. This spot is NOT a microcalcification and the nurse said it could be anything....they just want to look at it to find out what it is. So....I am taking it one day at a time and very thankful for at least SOME positive news. Keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hugs Gail, hang in there, know you have everyone's positive thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it did not spread to any lymph nodes. You are a strong, amazing woman. Prayers are coming your way. Sometimes don't you feel like you should have an honorary degree in med school? You have earned it.

    ReplyDelete