Monday, October 10, 2011

MY JOURNEY SO FAR~

Well the last month was quite a month.... Nothing like going in for a routine medical test and finding out you have cancer! Last week when I found out the results of my biopsy, I have to admit that I was scared out of my mind. The word CANCER in and of itself is intimidating and could make the strongest person break down.....I am by no means the strongest person. LOL I even had a panic attack in the middle of the night during which I woke my husband up who proceeded to calm me down. Anyway..... since then I have had the pleasure and the privilege of talking with several women who have had breast cancer. Man oh man.....these women are strong! No nonsense....just get it done! GET RID OF THE CANCER! I am so thankful to be able to talk with these women and still have several women that I have not had a chance to communicate with yet, but plan to talk with soon! I also need to mention all the kind words, prayers, and thoughts from my amazing friends! Thank you all so much! Keep the faith! I appreciate each and every one of you!!!  I have always believed that things happen for a reason..... Maybe this is God's way of telling me to wake up and smell the roses! Enjoy each and every moment because tomorrow is not promised.  Am I still scared?? YEP, but I intend to fight this and beat this and I am very blessed that it was found early. The treatment at this point is minimally invasive.  My advice to other women out there......GET A YEARLY MAMMAGRAM and ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE.....even the bad ones! Life can be taken away in a NEW YORK minute.... don't let that happen with a bunch of "I should haves" or " I was going tos" or " I wish I would haves". Life is happening right now and we all need to take advantage of that. We all have our loads to bear... our burdens, but they do not define our lives. Make the most of every situation, do something nice for someone else without expecting anything in return  and SMILE  and LOVE as much as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment