Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NOT SO GREAT NEWS....Cancer at age 46~

My biopsy results are in... The nurse called from KU Cancer Center yesterday and said the results showed DCIS (Ductal Carcinoma in situ). Cancer of the breast ducts. That is the bad news....now for the good news.... this was found very, very early so they say it is not life threatening at this point and is contained, it has not spread anywhere. I have another consultation with the breast surgeon on the 13th and we will discuss the treatment. I know the spot will have to be removed which involves a surgery. Anesthesia makes me violently ill. They also want to do an MRI and I am severely claustrophobic. So I am scared of the process it is going to take to get rid of this little spot of cancer, but willing to do what is necessary to get healthy again. They also don't know until they remove the spot...whether it is invasive or not. Lots to think about right now...alot to process all at once. Thankful that it was caught early...



For more information on DCIS....
http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/types/dcis/

No comments:

Post a Comment