Saturday, January 14, 2012

NO PAIN.....NO GAIN~

The saying "no pain...no gain" became a total reality for me last Thursday. Jason drove me back to KU to my plastic surgeon for my first fill of the expanders they put in when they did my bilateral mastectomy. The procedure itself just felt like filling up a water baloon that gets heavier and heavier....it was not painful at all. The nurse said that I would feel it in my expanders though and she was not kidding. The whole procedure probably took less than 15 minutes. By the time we walked to the car....the girls were hurting pretty bad. I was hardly able to sleep Thursday night and by Friday morning I was so stiff and in pain...I could hardly move, bend, or pick anything up off of the floor. I basically just relaxed all day...used the heating pad and took the valuim they prescribed along with motrin. Well, the good news is that I woke up this morning feeling a little bit better. They still hurt, but at least I can move some. I managed to gather up the laundry and get it started. Hoping the fill next week will not be so painful, but either way...it is something I have to get through and get done. I should only have to have about 3 more fills.....then there is a 6-8 week waiting period before I can have the surgery for the permanent implants. Hopefully the last part of March or early April. I can't wait....Thanks again for your continued support. And thank God the cancer is gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment