Friday, January 20, 2012

The pain will hopefully soon be gone~

Jason drove me back to KU to the plastic surgeon's office yesterday...they filled my breasts again.... The nurse said there was a total of 345 cc's in each one now. I think this is comparable to a B cup. Sneezing, coughing, bending hurts today. Only a few more times though. This is truly the worst part, so anyone considering a mastectomy...the surgery itself is not bad.... it is the expanders and fills for the reconstruction that are painful. I am still so thankful that I chose to have the bilateral mastectomy. Everyone has to make the best decision for themselves, but I thought first of my children and the best way to cut down the chances of me ever getting breast cancer again... they need me and I need them. So my decision was the best one for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment