Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Spent another day at KU~

Jason and I drove to KU cancer center again yesterday. We met with the breast surgeon, Dr. Mcginness. She explained the procedure and what will happen during the surgery which is scheduled for December 9th. So....a bilateral mastectomy, but they are going to try to save skin and nipples if possible. If there is no cancer found in my lymph nodes then I will not have to have chemotherapy. I do not have to have radiation because I am having a mastectomy. After our meeting with Dr. Mcginness, the nurse gave me a bunch of information about how to take care of myself after surgery. Then we went for pre-op questions and blood tests at the main hospital. They asked a lot of questions about everything especially anesthesia. They did an EKG which showed some slight irregularity and the doc said she heard a slight heart murmur. Needless to say I have to go back to the doctor today for an echo cardio gram. Did I tell you that I am sick of appointments?!!?!? I don't think it is anything serious. They just want to be safe as I will be under anesthesia for approximately 5-6 hours for the surgery. Still scared and nervous, but moving forward and looking forward to getting rid of this cancer once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment